1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Extruder Jamming

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Kevin_hockey, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin_hockey

Kevin_hockey New Member

I have had my robo 3d printer for a few months now, and the extruder seems to be clogged up. I put the extruder up to 230 Celsius and feed the plastic into the extruder. While the plastic will come out, I have to push it through with a lot more pressure than when I first got the printer. After the plastic is fed through, I would start a print to see if the printer would work, only to have the plastic (before it hit the extruder) grind up and bend; stopping the plastic flow. It is running at 20mm a second at 230 degrees Celsius so neither speed nor temperature are the problem. After trying everything i can think of, I tried to send an email to robo 3d's technical support but after well over a month (and more emails to robo 3d), I am still waiting for a response. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix the problem with the extruder or how to get a response from robo 3d? I'll appreciate any response or ideas. Thank you!

2. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

[​IMG]
    Try taking a bobby pin and heating up the tip end till it's real hot. Then stick it into the extruder hole, (from the top). See if there is any left over filament stuck in there. If you feel any,
    Stick the heated tip into it and pull it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in Canada

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.