1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Extruder not holding temperature

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jamie Furtner, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie Furtner

Jamie Furtner New Member

Hello

I just received my Robo3D and I'm trying to print a calibration cube (15mm cube from this thread: http://forums.robo3dprinter.com/index.php?threads/just-got-your-printer-things-to-keep-in-mind.1161/). The problem I'm having is that during the print the extruder temperature drops and I start to get messages "echo: cold extrusion prevented". The first few layers look OK, but soon after it can't print any more. I'm using the PLA that came with the Robo3D.

I've noticed that when I home the extruder assembly on the X axis it looks like it switches off the extruder also, which implies that a wire is loose or being pulled. What do I need to look at? I've started to trace the wiring but any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks

This is the temperature plot during the print. I started at minute 30 and aborted the print at minute 34. According to the log it printed two layers then the "cold extrusion prevented" messages started.
    2014-02-15 16_46_53-Repetier-Host V0.95F - ListViewItem_ {15mm_Cube.stl}.png

Here's the temperature plot after the print. I X-homed the extruder at minute 48:
    2014-02-15 16_49_42-Repetier-Host V0.95F - ListViewItem_ {15mm_Cube.stl}.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.