1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Extruder will not go low enough

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by bryson bishop, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bryson bishop

bryson bishop Member

So I just received my new z idler today and installed it and everything seems to be alrightyay! But now I am stuck! I connected my printer to cura and tried to move the z axis down and it moved about 20 mm and then it wouldn't go any further. So I said well maybe it's just cura and opened up matter control and it still did the same thing. I then went and tried to do the bed leveling with the paper and stuff and I kept trying to go lower and I always got the " warning - moving too low" alert and now I'm stuck so can someone please explain to me what to do. Thanks! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

Ok... One big problem is youre using the matter control bed leveling routine. Turn that off. Robo has its on (g29) command that gets run in your g code (should be in your custom gcode settings)
    The two leveling routines clash.
    If you shut the printer off.. Turn it on and "home all" where does your print head go?

Send it a G29 command. If it goes up or doesnt move z at all... Check your z axis switch wiring.
    It should go all the way down .. Touch center, go up 5 mm and do a dance touching 9'pointanon the bed. Its lowering to where microswitches open then raising to see when they close. If theyre open to start... Unplugged, it just keeps going up.

Havent sent commands through matter control in a while. Think you show terminal then type a command and hit send. G is capitalized.

#2 Ben R, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
  3. bryson bishop

bryson bishop Member

Okay when I turn it off and turn it back on the printer head moves up and then back down to this position

4. bryson bishop

bryson bishop Member

5. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

Thats not right. I would.. Being a bit of a cowboy i would turn it off and turn the z rods down to zero and see what happened when i turned it on.

Things to check... Are your z stop switches aligned correctly? They only work one way. This one looks right... What about the other.
    Are the wires attached to them securely.
    Then trace those wires to the other side... Which requires removing the bottom cover. The final qc on these isnt great. I had a couple wires loose or disconnected on both of mine when i got them. One was a z switch.. The other was the power switch. You'd think turning it on would be part of qc/qa... And it wouldnt do that.

6. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

In matter control it should tell you what firmware youre using... Which is is. Theres some crazy custom ones floating around. You didnt update did you?

7. bryson bishop

bryson bishop Member

I'm using matter control 1.2.2

8. bryson bishop

bryson bishop Member

I'm using matter control 1.2.2

9. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

No... Firmware... Assume you didnt update it then. Its your z switches/wiring. If thats working it shouldnt matter where your idler is (as long as long as both switches hit) .You must have yanked a wire or something.

10. bryson bishop

bryson bishop Member

Okay for some reason it works now I've been messing with it a little bit and I lowered it all the way and now for some reason it works now thanks for your help!

11. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

Loose wire...
    Solve your problem in thread tools at top of thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.