1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved fan upgrade help

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by bubberdo, Mar 14, 2015.

1. bubberdo

bubberdo New Member

2. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

so you're just removing the old fan holder and installing that duct or adding a second cooling fan?

if the first option... really all you need... you didn't need to buy a new fan. Just remove old fan mount (there's a bolt that holds the extruder to the platform that goes through the fan mount) screw your old fan into your new fan duct and mount.
    No extra fan, no wiring. ITs the only original piece of wiring at my print head platform, no need to change it.

And everything is meant to be unplugged. You can't hurt anything by unplugging anything.. it just won't work.

3. bubberdo

bubberdo New Member

I'm adding a second fan

4. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

you'll have to add wiring.. just parallel it into your other fan.
    also... print a second one of those. The stock fan blows right on the head...

Hopefully the new fan comes with various extensions you can sacrifice for wiring. You won't find anything that comes ready to plug in. Best case, you make a y splitter. Currently escapes me what the stock robo connectors are called.
    I have so many spare bits... I have never ordered any.

5. bubberdo

bubberdo New Member

Ok thanks. I wanted confirmation before I start cutting wires to splice in the fan