1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Filliment feed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Clark Sechrest, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark Sechrest

Clark Sechrest New Member

Has anyone come up with a good solution to feeding filliment into the printer? My feeder was having trouble pulling off the robo spool holder so I am looking for a different option.

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

The extruder should have more than enough power to remove filament from a spool un less the filament itself is miswound on that spool. I had that happen in one case where things got messed up on the spool but have since printed several spools out and have never seen that before and my printer spools are not that well mounted they tend to hang up and the extruder simply MOVES THEM.

I would check the filament and see that it is freely coming off if it is then you may want to check that the screws are tight enough on the extruder itself. Also check to see that the hobbed bolt has not ground the filament away inside the assembly you will notice a LOT of filament dust next to the hobbed bolt and the hobbed bolt will also most likely be solid where it was grinding at the filament. This filament dust does not necessarily mean the filament itself was jammed up on the spool it could be the bolts were not tight enough and the hobbed bolt just scrapped bits of which built up inside the extruder assembly and on the hobbed bolt.

All of these could be reasons why the filament is not being removed from the spool. We need a bit more information open the extrude assembly up and snap apic and let us see the inside of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.