1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partially Solved First Layer Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by NateTheApe, Jun 11, 2015.

1. NateTheApe

NateTheApe New Member

I just recently started having issues with my first layer going down right, most of my prints have been good this first week I have owned my Robo3D. The first layer has started wrinkling and tearing up...I installed the newest firmware to resolve some issues with Z-height not too long ago as well but I've printed since then with no issues.

Below is my "Start G-Code" for Cura the bolded line is the one I've been changing to try to resolve the issue but had no luck. Maybe I'm not adjusting in the right direction or far enough in the right direction...I've tried Z-0.57, Z-1.00, Z-0.96, Z-0.92. Is this even the setting that will help resolve this issue? Or is it just bad bed adhesion?

;Basic settings: Layer height: {layer_height} Walls: {wall_thickness} Fill: {fill_density}
    ;Print time: {print_time}
    ;Filament used: {filament_amount}m {filament_weight}g
    ;Filament cost: {filament_cost}
    ;M190 S100 ;Uncomment to add your own bed temperature line
    ;M109 S235 ;Uncomment to add your own temperature line
    G21 ;metric values
    G90 ;absolute positioning
    M82 ;set extruder to absolute mode
    M107 ;start with the fan off
    G28 ;X0 Y0 ;move X/Y to min endstops
    ;G28 Z0 ;move Z to min endstops
    M565 Z-0.96; Define Z offset at 1.0mm
    G29 ;Run auto-level
    ;G1 Z15.0 F{travel_speed} ; move the platfrom down
    G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length
    G1 F200 E3 ;extrude 3mm of feed stock
    G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length again
    G1 F{travel_speed}
    ;Put printing message on LCD screen
    M117 Printing...

The upward strings are from me moving the extruder away from the print...but you can see some of the first layer was fine, then when it started on the other side it started pulling it up.
    [​IMG]

2. NateTheApe

NateTheApe New Member

Well I was able to partially resolve the issue, at least they are sticking firmly to the bed now. I changed that line to M565 Z-0.88; Define Z offset at 1.0mm and up'd the bed temp to 60C. My print last night which had a fairly large base went down just fine. My remaining issue, and this was happening on the messed up first layer as well, but it seems that as it makes the passes back and forth its almost criss-crossing the previous line its just laid down. I will try to get a picture of this if I can get my camera to get enough detail.