1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

From Puerto Rico and i need help lol

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Darkest, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Darkest

Darkest Member

Hello guys i am a cosplayer and i decided to get the Robo R1 Plus because i am not that good making costumes. Since i have it i want to do the Arkham Knigth costume but all i find are the STL to make the wearable Helmet nothing more. I found how to make the armor but it is small for toys so my question is:
    Can i upscale and slice in parts the toys armor?
    If yes, how? I am complete new at this.
    Does someone knows somewhere that i can download it already scaled and sliced?

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

3. Darkest

Darkest Member

Hello and thanks for the reply. Yes like that wow. Like i said i am new at this i just got the printer today and i am looking to learn. I am gonna look for Cura and start learning. Any help you can give me will be appreciated.

4. danzca6

Darkest likes this.
  5. Darkest

Darkest Member

So with cura i can upscale to wearable size and slice them?

6. danzca6

I've also used Tinkercad to bring in the model and scale up or down. It's free. You can then slice to fit your print area. I've never done this, but some have reported using Netfabb Basic for that part.

Darkest likes this.
  7. danzca6

Cura is more of a replacement for MatterControl. Yes, you can change scale, but you would need to break it into smaller pieces if the size you want is bigger than the print area. That would be another piece of software like Netfabb.

8. Darkest

Darkest Member

Nice thanks

9. Darkest

Darkest Member

OK lest hope i can get all this together. I want to make this

10. danzca6

If you are new to 3d printing, you may want to walk before you run. There is a lot to learn on just printing that you will want to get down before getting into large prints. Make sure things are calibrated correctly and printing the way you want with the filament you want to us before starting long prints. Stop back to the forum as you need answers to issues you run into. And please, keep us updated on your progress with the costume. Sounds like a great project.

11. Darkest

Darkest Member

Thats what i am doing reading like crazy hahaha. Today i got the printer today i kinda broke it and repair it hahaa. I will update all my process and all i do on the costume.

12. danzca6

Another thing to keep in mind that printing a large scale project like this takes a lot of filament and printing time. Also the pieces you find online are not a one size fits all. Barnucles Nerdgasim on YouTube (look him up) did a Star Wars 7 storm trooper costume last year. He did a 3d scan of his body and sent that to a designer along with measurements of his body. They then collaborated with designing the suit. He has 3 Ultimaker 2 printers, an Ultimaker Original, a Robo 3D, and some new ones. But the printing time on the UM machines (not sure if he used his Robo) took a very long time. The UM machines were all donated except for the original. Also all the filament was donated. Lots of cost went into that project and you should do your homework on what makes sense to 3d print for your budget. Not to discourage you in anyway, but just wanted to give you something to think about. I wish you the best of luck on this project.