1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved G 28 move?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by celtic eagle, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celtic eagle

celtic eagle New Member

when it's making its G 28 move to set to level on the plate it seems to be going positive instead of negative to find the plate. It moves positive twice then it goes on to the next position. When it is through leveling the table, it's sitting about 150 to 200 mms above the surface of the plate. When you manually move the plate down afterwards it won't go down to the surface of the plate. The tip stays about 150 mms above the surface and that's as low as it will go. Any ideas?

2. Jochem Timmermans

Jochem Timmermans New Member

Celtic eagle,

Just a novice here, but sounds like something I experienced a bit back with the robo3d. At the left and right side of the printing where the threads are, there is a sensor for measuring the hight. Often it's not sitting right on the sensor and gives wrong information. Leading to a hight difference.

And thus leading to your problem I think,

Take a look at this movie by Robo3d, hope it helps:

http://help.robo3dprinter.com/Guide/Homing Your Extruder/7

3. celtic eagle

celtic eagle New Member

Being new with the printer I am making rookie mistakes. I noticed that the power for the processor and the power for the motors comes from separate places. Power from the USB goes to the processor while power from the motors comes from the power supply if you don't turn them off and on in the proper order. You need to start the software without anything connected. So my problem is more of a procedural issue if I start the computer then the printer then plug it in it seems to work without a problem. Thank you for your help.

4. Jochem Timmermans

Jochem Timmermans New Member

Good to hear its solved :D happy printing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.