1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

G32 vs G29

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dee, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dee

Dee New Member

I hope no one minds me asking a bunch of questions about gcode...
    I was looking at ways to try and get the software to compensate for the bowing of the build plate and came across G32 in the gcode wiki from reprap. It looks like this is exactly what I'm looking for. The problem is, it doesn't do anything on the robo. G29 works just fine, but those points are preprogrammed and unchanging. They are also not accurate to the actual usage of the machine since they are the corners near where the supports are. For an accurate calculation, I'd need just inside the corners and then the center and perhaps another point along the center to help it calculate a good curve. That's assuming it would calculate a curved surface and not just assume it's tilted. The description talks about having a warped Z plane, which is exactly what I'm looking for. Is there a way to get G32 to work on robo? When I bring up the console in mattercontrol and send G29, it works fine. When I send G32, it says "ok" and then...nothing... Am I supposed to be setting the values myself and then G32 calculates the warp or should it actually probe the X,Y points I've set with M557? Should I use G558 to change the probe type? If so, what's the default setting on robo so I can change it back if this doesn't work? Invertmast was nice enough to give me (thank you!) information about what he did to the hardware in adding extra support to compensate, but if there's a way to fix it in software, that would probably be a more efficient way to do it.

2. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

The bowing of the build plate can be fixed by the following method.

Take a flat head screw driver and where the rails are, in between the rails, there is a slider. It may get pushed forward or back, to a point that it no longer centres. You move your bed forward all the way, and with that flat head, move that slider towards the centre. Then do it again while the bed is all the way back. If you can freely move your bed back and forth and the slider stays relatively centred, you should have a level bed.

I've seen a video in youtube on this that also talked about twisting the x axis rod that the extruder sits on. It could also be warped and when twisted around will prevent the dip in the middle of your build plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in Canada

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.