1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Great until x axis

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by joecho, Oct 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joecho

joecho New Member

I got my printer today and it moved fine on all axis. Later when doing my first print it would not move on the x axis. So I tried again with the test and it would not move to home position. What should I do? Update the firmware? I already tried a different computer... The x axis still does not move. On the render it shows the x axis moving but nothing on the printer. Any suggestions? I tried re downloading and etc.

Thanks in advance!

edit: should I reflag or update the robo software? If so how? Thank you so much for anyone that helps!

2. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

I doubt it's a software issue.
    If you try driving it in manual mode, does it work?
    Have you checked to make sure that no wiring has come loose?

3. joecho

joecho New Member

It does not work in manual mode, how do i check the wiring?

4. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

on the bottom of the printer on the ramps board the motor connectors for each of the motors is clearly labeled X, Y, Z actually has 2, E0and E1(Extruder) E1 is not used in the default config. They are all four pin connectors the x axis connector may have come loose or off completely.

5. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

While you're doing that, look around for any wire that is not connected. Also check at the motors, heat bed, etc. All connectors should be secure. There should be no visible wire ends.

If you don't find something really obvious there, you should post in the technical support section. Get official support just in case it is a warranty issue. Once you know the machine is working right, you'll find lots of support on how to dial it in to get great prints on the forum.

6. joecho

joecho New Member

Thanks for the input, but still no movement or sound. I think I shall post in the technical section

7. joecho

joecho New Member

Great news everyone!!! I tried the x axis motor on the y pins on the board and it moves!!! But when I plug the cable of the X axis motor where it is supposed to be it doesn't move. Would the x part of the board be bad? Could I move the board to the extra slot? If so how?

I am so excited!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.