1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Greetings from Trinidad & Tobago

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Technidyne, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

Hi
    New to this forum and ready to order my ROBO 3D Printer next week. Already gone ahead and ordered the Smart LCD Controller XXL from Printed Solid for it.
    This will be the third CNC machine in my shop, as I have built a CNC Router/Engraver and a 4-Axis Vertical Machining Center (the wife is going to kill me!)
    While waiting for the Robo 3D to arrive, I am trying to get acquainted with FreeCAD, but find the learning curve quite steep.
    Been e-mailing Jerry back and forth for answers to certain queries I had and I find Robo's response time to be very impressive.
    ..............Can't wait to get this thing!

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Looking forward to seeing some of your prints with all the build power available you should have no problem with the Robo

3. Montravont

Montravont Active Member

While you're working on learning FreeCad, you could check out Tinkercad.com.

I'm still, very slowly, working on learning FreeCad as well, but using Tinkercad at the moment just to have some basic things to print when I get my printer.

4. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

5. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Haha your gonna hate me I have to move to help my dad (Parkinson) and I HAD $2000+ worth of RC airplanes motors radios etc sold for $400 large scale warbirds pics and top flight stick kits don't know how many motors

6. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Anyway continued good luck will be online soon

7. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

Here's my first attempt at modeling something of my own in FreeCAD (wow, that was painfully tedious) :)

8. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

Well, it's my birthday today and it was fitting that I pulled the trigger and ordered my printer! Order #2497
    I went ahead and ordered the Smart LCD Controller XXL from Printed Solid last week and it arrived yesterday.
    Can't wait to get my 3D printer!

9. paularose

paularose New Member

Hey ,welcome to the forum :D enjoy it

10. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

Nice tool. What's it used for?

That should print out nicely. Share some pics when it's done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

It's a tool I designed back in 2010 for removing the spindle (Feathering-Shaft) in R/C helicopters, without marring the machined surface of the shaft. It also has a couple convenient hex holes that fit the nut for the blade retention bolts. S couple beta samples were issued and while I was pursuing a design patent, the design was copied and produced my numerous parties .....I just gave up in frustration: