1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

heating bed/extruder starts then fails

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by 3ghnu, Nov 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3ghnu

3ghnu New Member

I'm having an issue getting my prints to start. After I tell RepetierHost to start the print (or for that matter manually tell it to heat the extruder or bed), most of the time I get the "Heating ___" message in the blue display, but the temperature actually just keeps going down. Sometimes it'll start to heat one or the other but then stop and let it cool while continuing to say "Heating Bed" or "Heating Extruder." I've tried reconnecting, power cycling, switching usb cables, rebooting the computer, and it will act/respond erratically at best. I've attached a screenshot of the temp monitor showing it begin to heat but then stop. Ideas?

Attached Files:

2. voltair

voltair New Member

3. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

My hotend won't heat while the bed is heating. Repetier will report that the hotend is heating while it's actually the bed which is. Once the bed comes up to temp, then the hotend will start heating again. It's able to keep both at temp once heated.

Is it that you can't EVER get both to temp or is this just the initial heating? Are you trying to print out of the gate with ABS? Pretty much every recommendation is "start with PLA and learn that" but your temps shown there are looking very ABS specific. I dunno if I've EVER tried setting my bed THAT hot tho. Of course, I've not yet tried printing ABS either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.