1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Hello all

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by JE Studios, Apr 22, 2013.

1. JE Studios

JE Studios Member

New to the forum first time 3d Printer here, I am sure I will have lots to learn about this and incorporating it to my current hobby as a prop maker . Making helmets and other items such as prop guns etc. Look forward to this device taking off with out a hitch :eek:).

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome JE browse through the forums and you will see a great deal of information. One thing to note not sure the build rate you are expecting but 3d printers are not the fastest things in the world sometimes a single print can take hours and then you also need to have some CAD skills if you are designing the props there are many originals things available online as sources but if you need something exact you may have to draw it yourself. There are a great deal of software programs available for this so don't let that scare you, many of them are free. So while you wait for the printer to arrive you can build your CAD skills up.

Another things is the system as it stands requires a hookup to a PC for loading the item, slicing it and then transfer to the printer and many of us are looking at or have already purchased a VIKI which is a mountable controller that has the capabilities to use an SD card so the printer can be stand alone. Simply transfer the final code onto an SD card pop it in the VIKI and off you go. You can find all this information and much more in our forums.

3. JE Studios

JE Studios Member

Well currently I have Blender if need I can get other means and I am on a pc with 32 gb of ram so hope that will work out well. XD thanks for the info ...

4. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

sounds good to me