1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Hello from Mesa, AZ

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by MrMarbles, Apr 8, 2014.

1. MrMarbles

MrMarbles New Member

Just received my printer today. I'm very excited to be a part of this community!

2. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Welcome! I used to live in Flagstaff. Wish I still did...

2 people like this.
  3. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Congrats check the printer over carefully before diving in too far check for loose plugs and wiring lots of thing can happen during shipping most thing should be fairly stable so wiggle things and see if the move if something moves that lookslike it should not ask us we can let you know fairly quickly if it is something that needs replacing or not.

Also when you do start printing start with PLA it is the most forgiving for new users learn the basics of how to print things well with PLA then try some ABS

One thing to remember and well over 90%of the new users do this incorrectly and it is critical it be done right and that is GET THE FIRST LAYER HEIGHT CORRECT

This is based on the initial height of the nozzle. I fyour prints fail in the beginning it is very very like due to the fact you are too high when you started the print.

Ask around there are lots of us to help you out if you need it

2 people like this.
  4. MrMarbles

MrMarbles New Member

Thanks tesseract, I very much appreciate the advice. I've been lurking on the forums almost every day since I placed my order, trying to collect information about how to ensure I get it dialed in as quickly and efficiently as possible. So far I've been very impressed with the responsiveness of the community, definite +1. I likely won't be able to print so much as a calibration test until the weekend, I'm slammed until then - but I will have no problem reaching out if I run into any strangeness. Thanks again!

5. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

BIGGEST CLUE
    Intitial Z height search the forums for that. The first layer is critical here is a pic Ipost alot but it has a great deal of good
    information in it

first layer example-text.jpg

2 people like this.