1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Hello from wi

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by 2brosmanufacturing, Dec 26, 2015.

1. 2brosmanufacturing

2brosmanufacturing New Member

Hello,

I am currently loking at buying the robo r1. Not toally new to 3d printing as my brother picked up a prusa i3 varient a few weeks ago.

Just wonder what are some mods to buy right away or print up right away.

Already planning on the upgrade kit from printed solid as I like the screen setup and want the upgraded hotend for more versatility.

Printed Solid likes this.
  2. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Welcome!

The upgrade kit we sell is a great first upgrade.

I'd definitely advise printing or making (I just use styrofoam blocks) some feet to get some more room under the printer for air flow to cool the electronics, dual fan cooling upgrade, @Mike Kelly 's enclosure (also available on our site along w/ a link to the thingiverse page if you want to just make your own). Simplify3D will give you some better options for slicing once you get through what mattercontrol has to offer.

3. 2brosmanufacturing

2brosmanufacturing New Member

Would the volcano upgrade be worth while right away while its apart for the new hot end? Plan on mainly standard abs and pla with some ninjaflex and wood fill.

Already have a few parts picked out to print up first to ad the printer. such as the feet, ramps cooling mod, dual fan mod, not sure witch, top mount spool holder, cable chains and the x axis stabilizers

4. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

The ramps cooling mod and the x axis stabilizers are built into the frame now, so no need for those (other than perhaps swapping over to a quieter fan).

The Volcano is probably better described as a different capability rather than an upgrade. It allows you to get jobs printed faster by using a longer melt zone and larger orifice nozzles. However, you give up nozzles smaller than 0.4. So, for some, this is perfectly fine, but others like keeping the small diameter nozzle. So, if you're going to print mainly large parts without a lot of really fine detail, it is definitely worth it.