1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Huntsville, AL

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Brad T, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Brad T

Brad T New Member

Hello everyone!

My name is Brad (obviously) and I am from Huntsville, AL. A land where the phrase "it's not rocket science" is usually followed with "actually, it is."

I have been researching 3d printing for a few years, waiting for the right price point and build area to come in. Lo and behold, last month I found out about the Robo. After reading many reviews, and watching a lot of videos, researching upgrades and suggestions, I was sold.

I own and operate a small automotive racing engineering shop located here, and we needed something to print prototype parts so we don't waste so much money in machining parts that may end up having a hole a few mm off.

I have been using the Robo R1 for a few days now and have been extremely impressed. I received it with no practical experience in 3d printing and had a successful print in the first day. I did have some hiccups, but with the information from this forum was able to quickly resolve them.

I look forward to reading more and being able to contribute to this community. I will be looking to upgrade mine to a dual extruder so I can use a seperate support material on some of my more complex builds.

5 people like this.
  2. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Welcome. Glad to hear you're having a good experience. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your creations!

3. bamhm182

bamhm182 Active Member

Glad to hear that things have been going smoothly for you. The RoBo 3D definitely seems to be pretty quick to get working acceptably. I too jumped into it with zero experience a few weeks back with minimal issues. Of course there are always going to be snags, no matter how experienced you are, but if you run into something that you're not sure you can figure out on your own, we're always here to help. :)