1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Improvements for the Robo3D team

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Thor, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thor

Thor Member

1. Move the z axis depth screw further out on the switch (or revese the switch). When homed, it seems to be 90% able to depress the switch. But when it doesn't, you have to relevel the bed.

2. Enable manual control without having to home the axis first.

3, Add a post or something to clean the head. My perimiter almost never comes out (I now do 3 so I get a good one) because the filament has "fallen out" during the preheat cycle.

2. Melody Bliss

Melody Bliss New Member

Thor, are you sure you don't have a reversed Z axis home switch? If it looks like this you need to reverse it.

[​IMG]

If you look at the photo, the screw is near the fulcrum of the lever. THIS IS WRONG AND REVERSED. It should be closer to the end of the lever and if it is like this it needs to be reversed.

3. Thor

Thor Member

After the 4th time levelling the bed,I reversed it, but I wanted to puss the top along because it was a nitpicky annoying thing.

4. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

that is actaully a qa mistake it should be flipped as Melodie says.

I also use process I embed in the start code that basically allows me to get fresh smoothly flowing filamnet each and every print

I make it part of my start print process
    first I set the temp to what ever the print is going to require
    then I turn the heater on
    I spray the bed with hairspray
    When the temp reaches the desired temp I hit run
    and the printer moves to home and raises 5cm and extrudes 13mm of material and then waits
    the printer when it first starts sends two main signal one to set the proper temp the other to wait until it gets there so if I already turn it on it simply has to check if its there before the print actually starts
    so what I do is after the nozzle lifts and extrudes that little bit of material I do not remove it right away if I did it could simply cap back up and lead to bad first lines
    so get my tweezers and I place it so one prong is on each side of the filament blob and at this point the printer is already waiting for the temp to be stable it has set it to the temp I already did and warmed it and it already warm so it is waiting with the little piece of filament hanging from the bottom of the nozzle now when I hear the notors bvegine to move I slimply close the tweezers and it grabs the filament blob and I do it so that I scrape across the nozzle tio cleaning it off the nozzle is already moving to start printing so the filament is fresh and flowing as it was just extruding seconds earlier it finishes the move and starts printing with freash filament and a cleaned nozzle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.