1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Is this a bed issue?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Michael DiFilippo, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael DiFilippo

Michael DiFilippo Active Member

Just tried printing up http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:110736 and the first half inch or so looks like this
    image.jpeg
    Now i have made plenty of successful prints so far but have noticed this a few times. Is this likely caused by an unlevel bed?

2. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

I don't think its a leveling issue. It looks like you're melting the layers that have already been deposited. That's PLA, right?
    I usually only see this with small features in PLA and no fan, but it looks like you're running a really thin wall, so maybe that is equivalent.
    Try adjusting whatever slic3r has for a layer cool time setting. Also try putting a fan on it and maybe running a little cooler.

3. Michael DiFilippo

It is PLA with a fan running but maybe I'll adjust the layer cool time setting.
    just looked through slic3r and didn't see layer cool time anywhere. Should I adjust the small perimeter setting?

4. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

Maybe it is laying down to much filament.... Have you measured the filament diameter to make sure it averages 1.75mm? I have noticed that the filament has different diameters.... Take several measurements and use the average in slice3r in the filament section..... I have been using 1.72mm because my Octave filament isn't quiet 1.75mm. My calibration cubes come out more accurately....

2 people like this.
  5. Michael DiFilippo

hmm I'll try that out thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.