1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Issue with Z Axis after firmware update for Viki

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by JasonSolves, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasonSolves

JasonSolves New Member

First off, I have used this printer for many months and has been great. When I was waiting to the printer from kickstarter batch I ordered and received a viki. LCD/controller.
    So, I just got around to getting it installed and setup. and all seemed to be working correctly.
    I followed Cambo3d's directions http://forums.robo3dprinter.com/index.php?threads/viki-setup-with-latest-marlin-firmware.827/
    and even had printed Leon's mount and it looks great. and it prints. kind of.

The Z Axis is off by a large ratio. When the Viki/computer shows 200mm it is like 40mm from the print bed. I assume I am missing something. but at a loss.

2. JasonSolves

JasonSolves New Member

UPDATE:
    I flashed the Firmware to the 3-14-14 marlin from Robo3d. Now it kinda works. I have the ability to print (a +)
    and the LCD is reading and the "click" button and the right button work. but the Encoder (spinning thing) does not work. so getting somewhere....

3. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

After I updated with the 3,14,14 firmware, and my 15 mm cube is measuring 15.01mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.