1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

keeping computer powered on, usb still gets power, problem?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by peter hagemeyer, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peter hagemeyer

peter hagemeyer New Member

Does anyone keep their computer on all the time? When you do so, the ROBO3d USB board gets power (even when ROBO is turned off) has a green LED lit. Will this cause any problems?

Just to be sure I'm going to start powering off the Robo and unplugging the USB when not in use.

2. Melody Bliss

Melody Bliss New Member

I keep mine on all the time. Having constant power to the Robo will not affect it.

3. cosber

cosber Active Member

Just wondering-I also keep my PC on all the time. I've never seen a green LED. The light coming from the machine is always yellow, sometimes flashing crazy. I don't have any USB connection issues and even when it's flashing, it doesn't seem to have any adverse effects-at least not that I'm aware of.

4. Leon Grossman

Leon Grossman Active Member

I've got a Raspberry Pi connected to my printer and it doesn't have enough power for my Arduino and Viki LCD through USB so I usually turn off my whole setup when I'm not using it. I'm considering cutting T1 on the arduino board to disable USB power of the device and require external power.

2 people like this.
  5. peter hagemeyer

peter hagemeyer New Member

Mine is connected to a Mac, and when I turn the room lights off see a green light reflected off my workspace (even with the RoBo switched off). It's a small led indicating the Arduino board is receiving +5v.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.