1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Layering problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mark Fishbain, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Fishbain

Mark Fishbain New Member

I'm trying to print a restroom sign -men, women that kind of sign.
    This is only 1/8 in thick, 6x9 in overall. Problem is, as the printer starts, it creates a really nice first level of material, but as it prints the next layer, the material starts to gum and ball up this lifting the first layer off the platen, creating a real mess.
    Using PLA. The "easier material". I've tried this 4 times, same results each time-gets the first layer great, second layer gets about 1/4 way thru, them the problem starts.
    I'll try ABS but I have to first install a new controller as mine burnt up keeping the bed from heating up for ABS jobs.

Any chance this is a speed/ flow issue in Repetier?

Thanks for any help
    -mark

2. Mattchu

Mattchu Member

your bed could possibly not be level. Do you have Tesseract's Bed Leveler's installed? What are you using to stick material to the build surface?

Also, I've yet to hear anyone call the build surface a platen, except for a few of the more seasoned guys whom I work with who run a DeVlieg Horizontal Boring Mill :) You've made my day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.