1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

layers moving

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by anoble66, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anoble66

anoble66 New Member

hi

Since beginning to print larger objects i am noticing that at random points i am getting layers shifting along the x axis. The shift is not massive but printed objects will not snap together as they should. I am pretty certain i have my x axis belt tight and get a twang from it. My belt came with the zip ties on the bottom and also a little metal tensioner on the top section of the belt. I also printed an additonal tensioner to get the belt tight.

Here is an example of what is happening, sorry for the poor pics. But hopefully you can see that the spool holder parts have layers shifted. I also checked the nuts holding the pulleys and they are good and tight.

WIN_20140503_224816.JPG

WIN_20140503_224741.JPG

Does anyone know how to correct this?

thanks

2. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

Is the metal pulley grub screw tight on the flat side of the motor shaft?

3. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

In addition to the belt tightness on the x axis you also need to check the set screw on the gear pulley on the motor driving the belt is tight it could and probably is slipping if your belts are tights which it sounds as if they are.

4. anoble66

anoble66 New Member

So....I have resolved this and it was not a bed or grub screw issue. One of the screws holding the E3d into the extruder assembly was not quite tight enough and as a result the hotend developed a bit of sideways play. All tightened up and I have perfect layers now.

Thanks for all the suggestions

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.