1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Leveling Bed

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by KingaLing, Dec 30, 2017.

1. KingaLing

KingaLing New Member

What are you guys using to level out the bed, shims etc, I was thinking of using some sticky tack so I can put it on each bolt and then push down on each corner until it levels. Not sure how that would work, and was curious to know if anyone else may have a better idea.

2. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

I... 1) removed the bed, 2) used manual GCODE commands to position the tip of the hotend over each of the four corner screwheads, 3) created a small table for tallying the results for each Z-offset, 4) used this to determine how many 0.6mm paper shims to use for each corner.

I then used a hole punch and cut circles out of the paper backing for one of those Robo black tape squares. I then cut a square shape around each hole to create a pile of paper shims. I then removed the nut/bolt pair for three of them and added the expected amount of shims.

I'll later create a better/manual method with four wheels (one per corner) but this is working better now on those times when I turn off the G29 autoleveling routine.