1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved missing sections in layers

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by GorillaBob's RC, Aug 31, 2015.

1. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

@krouton what layer height are you printing? Also what software are you using, temps, infill? Just trying to see if something else might be contributing. The new spool holder will help relieve some tension on the filament. I am wondering if your feeder acres are a bit loose. I haven't had to adjust mine but if you are pushing the filament to get it to feed, makes me wonder if it's not gripping the way it should. Of course the sample blue filament has varying degrees of success, but sounds like a bit more than bad filament. I just finished of my sample spool and never had this issue.

2. krouton3

krouton3 New Member

so far i have been printing at all base settings and havent made any tweeks and i am using mattercontrol

but im definately going to check the feeder and try and clean it out when i orgionally got it and tried to feed the filiment in it looked like there was some resedue shredded up filament in the little screw piece right where the filiment enters. when i first set it up i didnt think much of it but ill definately see if that was the cause. and see if it happends again when i go to make the new feet for this thing. as far as my bed problem goes those two are both probably linked so im going to do a z offset and see if it prints out better after that.