1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Need new e3 Pro nozzle

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Michaela Austin, May 1, 2024.

1. Michaela Austin

Michaela Austin New Member

Anyone know how I can get a new e3 Pro nozzle? Mine is clogged and I can't get in touch with tech support or find anything on the website about ordering a new one.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

PartsBuilt is the current supplier of parts for the Robo3D printers. Look here: https://www.partsbuilt.com/e3/
    If you do not see the part contact the PartsBuilt folks via their web site and see if they can get them. Most likely they are some sort of standard nozzle formfactor, but I do not have one to check.

3. Bruce MacIntosh

Bruce MacIntosh New Member

"Partsbuilt" has every other part other than a replacement nozzle (E3 Pro). Can anyone tell me the size/specs or part number for the E3 Pro nozzle. I ordered 0.4 nozzles because that was the only number I could find on any resource - and they are way too tiny for the E3P. Robo's videos show how to remove it - but zero information on what size and how to get a replacement. Google is useless. Just need a part number - Thanks!

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

By too tiny I assume you mean the nozzle threads, not the nozzle extrusion diameter (which is what the 0.4 mm is referring to). If the nozzle diameter IS too small, they come in many sizes and you can try another larger one (0.8 or even larger).

If the threads that secure the nozzle into the heat sink are too small -- not sure which style the E3 uses but contact PartsBuilt and they may know. There are a few different styles of nozzles that FDM printers use and some are manufacturer specific (MakerBot is famous for that). I do not have an E3 to refer to -- perhaps @Geof can chime in if he is still listening :)

5. Bruce MacIntosh

Bruce MacIntosh New Member

You got it right @mark tomlinson : I ordered some replacement nozzles, but the threads were incorrect - far to small to work with the E3 Pro. So I did manage to find a nozzle that seems to be the correct thread width, but now I'm wondering what is the proper nozzle extrusion diameter?

I can't post the link, but it's "Nozzle Guider 2S HT, Robo E3 Pro | Flashforge" SKU:FLF-NZL-G2SHT". Assuming that's correct, they also offer 4 different nozzle extruder diameters: .30mm, .40mm, .60mm, .80mm .

So now my question is - what nozzle diameter should I order? The filament I have been using is 1.75mm PLA.

Thanks for your help!

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The stock one was:
    • Nozzle diameter
      0.4 mm nozzle
    So that is what you get if you want to stay the way it was.
    If you do go with a larger nozzle diameter you will likely need to experiment with slicer settings (things like extruder feed speed and movement speed) to tune it back in. Larger diameter nozzles can make more sturdy prints (since it is thicker for each layer) but if you just want to get back to printing without fiddling -- use the 0.4 :)

P.S. the 1.75 mm filament diameter is normal, some printers use 3 mm, but it is more a function of the extruder than the nozzle itself. The lines of filament extruded are determined by the output nozzle diameter

#6 mark tomlinson, Sep 22, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2024