1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

New extruder assembly

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by XenoZergie, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XenoZergie

XenoZergie New Member

Just as a hypothetical, if I had foolishly turned up my extruder tip temperature too high and the plastic part of the assembly had melted a bit, what is the best way to replace it?

Is it a stock part I would be able to get at a hardware store or does Robo3D sell replacement parts or what?

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Well that is an interesting hypothetical the extruder should have cut off when the temp reached the max temp which is belowe teh melting point of the internal PTFE tube used to help guide the filament. so unless you changed the firmware or you had and may continue to have an hardware issue with the thermistor you need to look at two thing why you were able to get that high to begin with damage like that should only start at above the 230C range

But to answer teh question if you did melt the internal tube then you would need a new hot end altotgether and I would recommend an all metal one in the future. It is much better as it is able to handle much higher temps and more filaments because of that.

Check our E3Donline for a good all metal hotend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.