1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

New Printer?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Taylor, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taylor

Taylor Member

Im getting very close to order my printer but I stumbled upon a video from a few weeks ago with an intiver with ROBO 3D and they said there is a new printer coming out that has a price point of 799? I could barely see the printer because the camera was zoomed in to much but it didn't look like dual extruders,does any one know what this printer has? I may just wait to get that one then. Thanks for any help.

Link to the video:

2. bamhm182

bamhm182 Active Member

I saw this video just a few minutes ago, but couldn't stand the girl filming it. I'm in the same spot as you, so hopefully we can get more information on this soon.

3. Taylor

Taylor Member

I just emailed Jerry to see if he can shed some light on this. I mean they had it out in the wild so I wouldn't think there keeping it under wraps. I just don't want to spend 700 dollars and a few days later I could of spend an extra 100 and got a brand new version of the printer.

4. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

I believe that one has the upgraded bed, but I could be wrong. Looks like an iteration rather than a whole new model. Likely has a few tweaks over the existing model, but we will have to wait and see.

5. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

Looks like the same as mine. Just got it. So anyone ordering one will get a working Robo 3D printer. You have to learn what it takes to do 3D printing successfully. Learning curve with any printer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick Active Member

The main difference is the bed. It has a bed that snaps on with magnets and a solid printed bar across the front and back. From what I have heard from the Robo guys that is what makes the $100 difference I guess.

Also a better filament loading clamp.

7. Cybus

Cybus Member

Does anyone know if the new version of the bed will be sold on its own as an upgrade part? I think it would be a good idea for the Rob 3D online store to have a section for upgraded parts as they become available.

8. Cybus

Cybus Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.