1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Newb Luck? Love this printer :-)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by 69charger, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 69charger

69charger New Member

Greetings!

My Robo3d PLA+ABS shipped last week and it was here on Thursday. I waited patiently until I had a few days off to set the printer up. After having bed leveling issues due to print head wire bundle being pinched between the case and right side of carriage, switching to Cura and slowing prints down, this thing is extremely impressive. I cannot believe how strong these parts are.

So my tips for fellow newbs are the following...
    • Do not expect this to work perfectly out of the box. You are going to have to spend time setting it up.
    • Switch to Cura.
    • Use a light mist of cheap hairspray on the bed and parts will stay put 100%.
    • Print slow if you want beautiful parts. 20mm for perimeter walls and 50mm for everything else. It's worth the wait.
    • Print these (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:126873) ASAP. They will help when trying to print faster.
    • BUY MORE FILAMENT!
    Finally to the Robo3D team. THANK YOU! This printer exceeded my expectations. Had it dialed in after about three hours. Look forward to future products!

:)

6 people like this.
  2. Darrell

Darrell Member

Are you just slicing with Cura and printing with Repetier?

3. 69charger

69charger New Member

Everything in Cura. Will try the new MatterControl software soon. Looks like it has some nice features.

4. SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick Active Member

I use Matter Control and am extremely pleased. The first print I did without any mods and just the three-point bed leveling in MC came out great:
    [​IMG]

With a few modifications I am extremely happy with my printer for the price. I think I like Matter Control because it makes things extremely simple. I will probably switch to something with a bit more options once I get better at knowing what settings to mess with, but for now I am happy.

4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.