1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Noob Calibration Question

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Charlie, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie

Charlie New Member

I am looking heavily into purchasing my first 3d printer and I would love to buy the robo 3d, but I am in no way an engineer or have any knowledge with hobbyist tweaks on machines such as these. I love 3d modeling and would love to print my 3d characters and models, but how hard is it really for a beginner to calibrate the robo? I believe I can handle everything that is explained in the robo user guides, but since I don't have a printer in front of me. I don't know how well I could calibrate it since I have not tried. I am just so eager to work with the robo, and I can be patient. I just don't want to do damage to my printer. Thanks.

2. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

Hi Charlie.

If you take a look at the video about bed installation they show you how to level the bed also.

Quiet straightforward really.

You are more likely to damage your printer by being dumb, like me, and dropping a spool of filament onto the heated bed. It doesn't like a lot of that. :eek:

3. Charlie

Charlie New Member

Is it easy to break an extruder head by not printing at a high enough temperature. Also, do extruder heads get clogged frequently?

4. David Mortlock

In would imagine it is quite hard to break an extruder head and certainly not by the temperature being too cool. All that would happen is that the filament would not soften enough and the printer would not extrude at all.

As for the extruder blocking, I have never had this happen but, from reading the forum posts, it seems that you can normally clear it by heating the extruder and clearing it by using a guitar string or something similar.

5. Charlie

Charlie New Member

Thanks for the reply. I plan on buying the Robo within the next day or two. After following the quick guide and videos that Robo has, is there anything else I should do before i make my first print?

6. David Mortlock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.