1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Nuts are falling out of place

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Ian, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ian

Ian New Member

Whenever the printer goes to the home position the nuts slide down the threaded rod out of place. How do I make sure they stay in place.

2. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

That more then likely means your x-axis is not hitting your end stop, make sure it's hitting the switch and the extuder isn't resting on the bed.

3. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

that is a typical issue Seshan is correct.
    You z adjustment screw is currently set so that the nozzle makes contact with the bed before the z endstop switch is activated
    OR
    the switch is already in teh activated position and you the boards didn't know that and you tried doing a home again and the z stop tried to lower even further thatn where it was leading to the first issue.

What ever you do do not try to secure or lock those nuts in place it is a saftey measure and they need to be free to do exactly what they just did the phrase that has been going around to describe it is "throwing you nuts" cuz it drives ya nuts when it happens.

There is a good process I can go through with you if you want to get you all set upand printing if you want the helpif you skype it is easiest and you can find me at Jeff Janes or jj.tesseract just send a contract request letting me know who you are. I have helped several people out here with great success they were up and knowledgeable about priniting a very short period and their prints are now really good

If you do not use skype you can always PM me here on this forum it is a bit faster than here but not too much

Look forward to seeing some nice prints

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.