1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

OMG NEW STUFF HYPE

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Sloan32, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Pergo

Pergo Member

My R1+ will always represent a basic printer that has an awesome design that had cheap enough parts that I could get into the 3D world with a small investment. All the items are "generic enough" and common to so many other printers that if gives us the means to snag/steal other awesome designs. Then because it didn't have the chamber it had the room for me to do upgrade. I love my sheet of 6 mil plastic for my "Chamber" with a longer bed, E3Dv6, and awesome 6mil chamber. I can print items that require a $4k+ printer.

Ya I love my Robo3D!

2. Sloan32

Sloan32 Member

Pergo, mind posting pictures of your extended bed? :) Thanks

3. Pergo

Pergo Member

Here you go..

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1154745
    Just get the GT2 Belts, longer 8mm bars, print these and put your STOCK bed. I went through 2 KG of black PLA making this. PLA is fine. it's a long run on the first layers so even if you get some lifting just lower the speed and keep printing. The PETG has higher temp (not needed here as the bars and the glass never get warm at all on the ends due to the small heater. But there is still a LOT of use for the longer bed.

4. Sloan32

Sloan32 Member

Wow! That looks pretty nice :)

5. Pergo

Pergo Member

Well Thanks a LOT!