1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Out of the box

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Thamer Albahiti, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thamer Albahiti

Thamer Albahiti Active Member

I'm getting lost
    is Robo3D gonna perform so bad that everyone is looking for mods left and right ?
    what will be the problem if we use it as is ?
    is the quality not as it was specified? because 100 microns should be accurate enough for any none commercial use, no ?

2. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Nobody except the founders have actually seen one yet...
    You'll probably be able to print PLA and small ABS parts just fine out of the box. Upgrades are to help get more out of the system (running different materials, bigger ABS parts, easier/better bed leveling)

3. Jacob B.

Jacob B. New Member

You have to understand that the 3d printer community is very much a "do-it-yourself" crowd.
    It could be the best 3d printer ever made, and I'd still mod mine. Because until I change it, it isn't *mine*.

3 people like this.
  4. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

Pretty much what Jacob said, I like DIY, one of the reasons I want a 3D printer so I can make my DIY projects even better. I want to mod my printer just because I like doing stuff like that.

2 people like this.
  5. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

I agree with Jacob, I want to get the printer to break into the 3d world It will allow me to do just that but everyday there are more and more things also popping into this same world. When I first looked into I haven't even heard of Nylon being widely used, or Laywood or anything other the the two standards of PLA and ABS I could have went for the stock PLA version of the printer but wanted to push things so I had, in effect them mod it so i could also do ABS and it was a mod for them it just so happens that it became an option.

Now the latest thing I have heard about is polycarbonate and I am not even sure what that will require but I want my printer to handle it if it can if it can't I will mod it so it can if at all possible. A good example of this is the extruding head. Different materials will require higher temps so we need to adjust for that. Now we have the all metal hot end which many of us will be incorporating thus allowing us a wider range of materials to print. Who knows what tomorrow will open up for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.