1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Overheating alleviated- test complete

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Ben R, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

I designed a large piece that had a large flat surface and each time the print came to that surface, it would print a few lines and fail. I slowed it down to 15mm/s and it still failed. Extruder temp would spike, I don't know what the story was. It would print the bottom layers, the infill for a few layers, and when it came to cover the infill, it would fail.

I opened the box and threw a 4 inch fan on the RAMPS, ensured my thermistor was secured in place and wrapped the heater block with silicone tape and i've been printing at 120mm/s all night. No errors, and the power consumption has stayed steady.

I ordered a new fusible circuit and after my big print will be installing permanently a larger fan for the RAMPS. Have to print some feet so I can fit the fan.

I post this just to add reference to any amateurs like me to be able to reference as potential fixes.
    This thread doesn't end with "I'll try that next". leaving you to assume it worked, and not that he threw the thing at the wall.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.