1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Power supply fan failure

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Leon Grossman, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Leon Grossman

Leon Grossman Active Member

The power supply on my unit has begun making grinding noises for 30 seconds to a minute before finally coming on. I'm presuming I need a new power supply and am trying to determine what my options are. I can buy a new power supply from Amazon but I wanted to check and see if this is covered under some form of warranty even though I've made significant modifications to my printer.

Thanks,
    Leon

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Not sure about the warranty but was thinking of something else I know those PSU are really solidly put in place they damn near need to be levered into position at least mine was EXTREMELY tight but if the psu chassis was tweaked it could be the cause of the grinding noise and may another tweak can be done to eliminate it, unless you can actually see it failing but a simple twist on the chassis of the PSU may help.

Just a thought and it can't really hurt to try

3. Leon Grossman

The PSU has been working fine. I can't imagine it needing a tweaking after having been in place for several weeks.

4. Leon Grossman

OK, I just bought a UL certified unit to replace the unit that was in the printer.