1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printer Fails

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by John H, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John H

John H Member

Im now having an issue where the printer won't print at all.
    After waiting for the extruder to heat up , the next action is where the extruder levels the bed with 5 points and after the 5th point the printer begins to print , As soon as the last pressure switch is touch the printer goes dead , the software continues as its printing..

What I have done so far was a restart of my computer. and I have also tried known files that I've printed fine before. Nothing so far, Im also gonna a try a new usb cable, then Im gonna try to print from an SD card,, ( BTW anyone know what type of SD card the printer takes? ) Thanks for the Help.. John

#1 John H, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
  2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Well considering there are 9 points that should be being sampled in the lastest software I think you may have a firmware issue

3. John H

John H Member

ok Im going to update the firmware now..

4. John H

John H Member

I hit update firmware it said successful , but after reconnecting, it said there's a firmware update available , I ran a print , which now seems to work pretty darn good and i seen the 9 point leveling happen..

It seems like it is working so much better . All the while I thought it might be my computer ..
    Thanks T..

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.