1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Printing 3dlabprint planes

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mrdav1e, May 16, 2017.

1. mrdav1e

mrdav1e New Member

Solved.
    Hello all. I had much trouble getting the single layer perimeter to print well for the plane parts. I have a Robo 3d R1 Plus and use MatterControl.
    2 perimeters printed great.

To solve the problem I changed the default:
    Filament, Retraction, Length on Move to .5mm from 3mm.
    Extra Length On Restart from .05mm to .15mm. This value may vary according to your printer.

I noticed considerable improvement when setting the Length on Move to 0mm.
    But the next problem that happened was it took time for the material to flow so there was a gap at the start of every layer.
    Changing the Length on Move back to .5mm re-enabled Extra Length On Restart which helps get the material flowing.

With the default Length on Move at 3mm this was preventing the flow from coming out nicely on every layer. One side of a wing part would be rough and the other side smooth because it took time for the flow to get going smoothly.

I knew there was a setting or two to solve this problem and Dave at Robo 3d helped me narrow the issue down and I learned a lot by following his lead. While he didn't narrow down the problem to Length on Move it was his process of elimination which helped me get there.