1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printing at wrong height & other problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jimwahhh, Jan 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry RoBo 3D

Jerry RoBo 3D Administrator
    Staff Member

Ok, thanks for looking into that for us.

Sounds like your power supply is having a problem. Where did you email me? Robo3dhelp@gmail.com? I haven't seen your email yet.

The power supply in the picture you posted is installed upside down. I'm guessing the person took it out to access the terminals and then put it back in upside down. Maybe that would help your power supply? Would you be willing to give it a shot?

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

I've resent the email.

Happy to "try" removing the PS. It's a tight fit and I gave up on earlier attempts to avoid breaking something. I'm told it can be slowly prised out so will give that a try.

Are you able to reproduce the Bed Temp/PS issue on a test Robo?

Z

3. Jimwahhh

Jimwahhh Member

If you are going to take it out, probably worth trying it outside of the robo altogether if you can. Give it the most ventilation possible and then look for another mounting option.

I would but I'm struggling to get any time to test things at the moment, sorry I can't assist more with the diagnostics.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes. Hopefully better ventilation will be the fix.

5. Jerry RoBo 3D

Staff Member

Hi Ziggy,

We haven't noticed the problem here at Robo HQ but we haven't really been looking for it either. We use the heat bed constantly but usually print with PLA and have the heat bed set to 55 or 60.

I'll set up a print with ABS and see what I can find out.

6. Jimwahhh

Jimwahhh Member

Hi guys, any progress? I am hoping to get a chance to try taking the PS out this afternoon to see if more ventilation helps.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

I took the PS out and checked if better ventilation made any difference. When I ran the same test, the bed temp still dropped about 10c.

I know that Jerry wants to try to reproduce the bed temp drop but is away at an Expo right now. I have also emailed Jerry with some other ideas how to solve the problem.

Z

8. Sean Maxwell

Sean Maxwell New Member

I believe I am having the same issue. My temps are fluctuating between high 80's to mid 90's after the first layer or two. I thought it was an issue with my heated bed shutting off randomly (like a bad solder joint). I do notice it won't drop under high 80's though. Did you ever find a fix for this?

Thanks,
    Sean

EDIT: NEVERMIND, my printer won't even heat beyond 30C right now due to bad location of heated bed.. UGH

9. Jerry RoBo 3D

Staff Member

Sean, let me know what you mean by bad temp. The current thought is that the heating pad is bad. I have a couple of customers we are testing this theory on. I'll let you all know what we find out.

10. Sean Maxwell

Sean Maxwell New Member

My heated bed will only heat if it's location is out towards you at the front of the unit. If I lift on the main wires running to the Adruino board then it will heat again. I have tightened everything a few times now and cannot seem to figure out why this is happening without ripping the unit apart. And I am leaving it stock until instructed otherwise because it is still under warranty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.