1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Prints failing after first layers.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Spencer C, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Spencer C

Spencer C New Member

Seems no matter what I try prints still fail. Some don't extrude plastic at all. And my filament still doesn't overlap. I tried net fabb, new filament, new slicer, and updated gcode. Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. David BOles

David BOles Member

I'd guess that you are just over and under shooting the correct height. get to a point where the plastic is isn't overlapping and dial it down by TINY amounts. You have have to do a couple tens of tries depending on how slow you go. You should be able to see a gap (looking straight on). If it isn't extruding try doing it manually with the head in the air to see if you just have it too low. Remember, the bottom layer is just 0.15-0.3 mm, changing the offset by 0.05 mm is a fairly big change!

3. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Still going off of your first pics, I'm still pretty sure there is something wrong with your model.
    Can you post the stl?

4. David BOles

David BOles Member

Same, but he seemed to say he had tried other prints too...

Printed Solid likes this.
  5. Spencer C

Spencer C New Member

The print I was trying was a spool holder from thingiverse, I even ran it through net fabb. I have now been trying the stock model of the glasses in matter control and they fail the same way. I just found I had some leaking around the hot end. I just installed the E3D v6 but haven't ran new tests yet. Will keep posted. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430608821.237282.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

I don't think the leaky hex would have caused that issue. The extrusion looks good, it just looks like things aren't going in the right places. If it's not the model, then you probably have something more obscure going on with your machine. Might want to go to the support page on the robo3d home page and request a skype conference with official support.

7. RikiDominican13

RikiDominican13 New Member

I am having the same problem and it seems to me that nobody have a answer. It print the first layer but the second one is a mess. Let me know if you correct the problem ?

#27 RikiDominican13, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015