1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Problem with Extruder?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Darius R-K, Aug 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darius R-K

Darius R-K New Member

My printer has been working amazingly for the one day I've had it, but now, halfway through the print the extruder just stopped extruding. Its not a clog since I can extrude filament manually. Its almost as if the Extrusion rate was dropped to almost nothing? Has anyone had experiences with this?

Attached Files:

2. Darius R-K

Darius R-K New Member

I think my hot end buggerd out

Attached Files:

3. Darius R-K

Darius R-K New Member

Ok so after some further investigation, the connector for the thermocouple on the ramps board isn't connecting right. But that still doesn't seem to solve my extrusion problems

4. Darius R-K

Darius R-K New Member

So somehow the extruder fixed itself out, it may have had something to do with the thermocouple. I ended up taping the thermocouple in a way that it connected, but this isn't permanent. At some point I need to get a new connector, anyone have a link to that?

5. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

I am a bit counfused nby your post do you mean the thermister or the heating element for the hotend
    Both my thermister and teh heating element were wrapped in kapton tape to keep everything where it is supposed to be and I have since migrated to an all metal hot end and am using the samething there kapton tape to hold it all in place.
    Just make sure you hands are completely clean and wiped down alcohol to remove any grease this severely inhibits the kapton tape from sticking well

6. Darius R-K

Darius R-K New Member

Sorry this post has been a bit confusing. I ended up tracking the thermistor problem down to a cold solder joint on the RAMPS board. And I can't confirm, but I replaced the hobbed bolt with the one Cambo recommended and I haven't had that problem again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.