1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Proper Cable Routing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by cosber, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosber

cosber Active Member

When I took my printer down to the shop for help with my printing issues, the tech there spent 1 1/2 hours calibrating, including adjusting the y belt because he said it was causing the bed to bend. When printing, I noticed the cable that heats the bed getting wacked when moving in the y direction. I didn't have a mental picture of what the cable previously looked like, but I sure didn't remember it being where it was. See cable picture.
    Last week everything stopped working, including the heat bed-someone suggested seeing if the connection came loose on the bed. See "wire" picture.

I wrote Braydon at Robo about this, but I guess he's too busy to respond so I guess I have to try to fix it myself. I can't find a good picture of how the cable should be routed. The only assembly video is of the PLA model, so no help their.
    I would greatly appreciate it if someone could post a good picture of how the cable should be routed and maybe a tip on reattaching the cable. I haven't looked at it in depth yet, but it looks like I'll need more kapton tape.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.