1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

QA Issues

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Lew, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Lew

Lew Member

Although my printer is now working quite well (thanks to Tesseract), I thought you might be interested in some of the issues I found upon receiving the printer.
    1) The X and Z limit switch connections at the controller were reversed. Thus the carriage would not stop in the X direction and the Z motors would not move (sensing they were already at the limit).
    2) There was no clamping screw in the Z limit switch holder.
    3) The Z limit switch holder was skewed to one side (not reversed).
    4) There was no rod for the spool holder, only the large acrylic piece.
    5) The X drive belt was excessively loose.
    6) Three of the four screws holding the cover to the base were loose in the shipping carton and one screw was missing entirely.

Despite these initial problems, I was able to fix all of them and with the help of a forum member (Tesseract) was able to level the bed and adjust the Z limit switch. The printer is now working well with one minor exception. The Z axis limit switch holder seems to drop too low during a print, so upon startup of the next print the extruder is touching the bed. A minor adjustment to that gets me up and running again.

Thanks and regards,
    Lew Palmer
    (Order 1554)

2. Lew

Lew Member

A follow up on the last remaining problem mentioned above. The reason for the extruder drop during printing was that the teflon packing in the right hand Z threaded rod was coming out of the coupler, thus the rod was not secure.
    The printer is printing reasonably well although the bed is still not perfectly level front to back, so I may have to resort to a different arrangement using leveling springs. It is still not clear whether the bed itself is warped. Since this is a glass bed, it seems unlikely, but nonetheless it does seem that the corners are higher than the center of the bed.