1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved R1+ Leveling Switches are loose

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Larry H, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Larry H

Larry H Member

I just received a R1+ and set it up then after manually dialing in the extruder height and, checking all of the connections, the auto level function worked properly. I was able to print out a calibration circle without any issues.
    After that I had started another job but had to cancel it. I left it alone for around 10 minutes and when I came back the extruder had gone all the way down to the bed but it kept spinning which brought the bolts well past the bed.

What I think happened was one of the wires to a leveling switch I hadn't put it back on tight enough and it came loose which caused it to move all the way down and kept going when it shouldn't have. When this happened one of the leveling switches that had the wire which came off was just hanging.

My question is are the leveling switches supposed to be that loose and they're kept near the motors on either side of the printer by the bolts or is there something wrong with my printer?

thanks

2. JCProv

JCProv New Member

Just tighten the connector with a set of pliers.
    Reposition nut into hole and turn rods until carriage is level.
    Follow auto leveling thread found everywhere in this forum.
    If you have problems after that I might suggest uploading a quick vid or picture of your problem.