1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Rafts

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mark Fishbain, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Fishbain

Mark Fishbain New Member

Right, just apply the 2 sided sheet directly on the blue tape. I don't change any setting.
    Remove right after project is completely, and it removes quite easily.

I'm retiring from my current business march 1 st and I plan to purchase several printers and start testing all types of surfaces,
    Materials , etc to determine what printer really does what. I'll keep you posted

2. tonycstech

tonycstech Active Member

Nozzle burned my vinyl in 2 places moving over it too slow :(
    It sticks fine and remove pretty eazy with PLA, have not tried ABS but i assume it will burn it even more with hotter nozzle.
    Perhaps i can speed up 1st layer print to keep vinyl from burning off. (theory)
    Other than that, i like it. Definitely sticks harder then my hair gel.

3. scotta

scotta Active Member

I've been using a glue stick straight on the glass for abs. Been working really well. Uhu brand, took it from my kids pencil case.
    Really easy to apply, just rub it on. A lot easier and less messy than hair spray. I've just been reapplying it up if bits come off.

I've been referred to a water soluable glue stick recommended by a local filament provider (PLA), however he suggests also trying it with ABS.

Will let you know how it goes.

4. Racegrafix

Racegrafix Active Member

You may be too close to vinyl if it burns....i have used it at around 10mm/s with abs.

5. tonycstech

tonycstech Active Member

How close can i get, 0.3mm is my 1st layer height :(
    I can only imagine what damage it would make doing small prints at 0.1 height with slow speed. Will probably catch on fire :)

6. Racegrafix

Racegrafix Active Member

.3 is perfect first layer height. Your actual "home" height may be too low or bed uneven and hitting. (Mine would hit here and there before i got my glass pretty flat.)

The one time i tried cura it burned mine in one spot....probably 50 prints on repetier and never did it once. But i think it was just set too close(but was same as i used in repetier).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.