1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

random disconnect...

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Heisenberg, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Member

My printer just started disconnecting mid-print. I have tried using different slicers, the USB has not been changed since I started using the printer, the fan is working on the Arduino and the printer acts great when it starts, but will disconnect at random points. I also have tried older versions of MatterControl to remedy the issue.

I have noticed that the yellow/warm white LED under the stepper board will turn off and I need to re-set the arduino. When I do that; a green LED comes on and then the yellow/warm white LED will be on once again and I can then manually control the printer and start more print jobs.

Nothing major has been changed on the printer (i.e. cable, boards, extruder, etc.). I have tried different settings in case it was a temp. override issue, but there is no way to predict when it will do it. It could be on the first layer or 1/8" up the print.

I noticed in other message boards that a quick solution was (xxl lcd screen). I have the original RoBo3D, not the R1, but I do have all the necessary upgrades with exception to the arduino. Can I use the LCD screen with mine and where is the best place to get the correct one? If this will solve the issue, I have no problem getting one shipped immediately. Could it be that my arduino has finally given up? Thanks for any help available!

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

3. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Member

Perfect, thank you for that link...I will get it ordered right away. Turns out the issue is that the new placement of the printer in my steel shop was too close to the I-beam and the resonance frequency from the overhead lights were causing the disruption in signal. This should solve the problem correct? I will be able to print off a thumb drive with this upgrade correct?

4. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Well you should be able to print off of an SD card with this since it comes with the LCD. Now, no guarantee on this one. I just found a cheap set. I have never ordered this one and used it. So do some homework before ordering.

Heisenberg likes this.
  5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Member

Will do, thanks again for the information!

Cheers,
    Dan