1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

random layer got corrupted and not printed properly

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by arthur, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arthur

arthur New Member

Hi,

I tried to print following object
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:42079

but end up got the result as the attachment, You may noticed some of layers are not printed properly as well wehre printed object can break very easily. and I suspect that happen when fan is on. It was my first 0.2mm layer hight test do you guys think its maybe something got to do with it?

Thank you,

Arthur.

Attached Files:

2. polylac

polylac New Member

The print head is running the right path?

When the filament glues not enough to the prvious layer, then maybe the temperature is to low?

3. Matthias

Matthias Member

I see 2 issues:
    1) sometimes the STL files you download have a, say, difficult orientation, requiring you to rotate so that you avoid printing in mid-air or requiring to print with support. In this particular case, I'd switch it to the side so that you print it on the left/right side of the dock.

2) your filament feed seems to be inconsistent, resulting in hollow layers in between. You can tweak the spring pressure that pushes the bearing against the filament (and the hobbed bolt) by adding either a nut or some washers so that you get some more pressure and better tracktion for the hobbed bolt. I added a nut of about 3-4 mm height and got rid of this issue.

What temperature did you print? My PLA wants about 200C, so in doubt it might help to add 5-10C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.