1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Repetier default temps and changing them.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by OMG Really!, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OMG Really!

OMG Really! Member

My abs needs the hotbed temp at 100 to stick. The default temp set is 80-85. I changed the default temp to 100 on 'printer settings' but as soon as a job starts OR for no apparent reasoned default temp jumps back to 80 spoiling my job in a couple of minutes if I do not notice the immediate change. How can I set the temp to 100 and stopping the jumping back - where is the true default setting? :)

2. Melody Bliss

Melody Bliss New Member

There's a setting in slic3r. When you start a job those settings get sent and override the "defaults" within Repetier.

I'm on a Mac so I don't know what it looks like on a PC (I know there are slight differences in menu names) but on a Mac, if you go to the slicer tab (next to Object Placement) and then hit "Configure" it'll bring up Slic3r's configuration screen.

Then, under "Filament Settings" and "Filament" (on the left window) you'll see on the right side a set of text boxes for Temperature. This is where you set Temp for the extruder during the job.

3. OMG Really!

OMG Really! Member

love your work Melody Bliss, thanks

4. cosber

cosber Active Member

In a slightly related note, I set my config to print a skirt with two layers. When I change it to one, then save, it reverts back to 2. Do I have to delete my configuration and do it over?

5. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

when you make changes to any profile you have to save those changes either in a profile of the same name or using a different profile name. In addition to that it will not update in repetier until the config window is actually closed the you also need to make sure you are using the profile you just modified in the dropdown. You should then see you settings active.

Note: for those of you using the fairly newspiral vase setting it overrides certain parameters and you can do nothing to stop it other than not using the component of the profiles.

6. cosber

cosber Active Member

I saved it as the original and even tried renaming it. As soon as the save is finished, you can see the number flip back to the original #2. I don't recall the other setting on that window, the first one at the top, is also set at 2. That also flips back. I have made other changes to the config, like lowering the default temp and those stick. It's only the skirt tab that doesn't want to accept my changes.

7. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

well if you can get me those specific setting I can see if they also have issues on my setup. In addition to the settings what were you change from and what were change it to

8. ashokanman

ashokanman New Member

cosber, I've run into the same thing- seems to me to be a bug in the software. In my case completely closing/reopening the application and then resetting the value worked (the new value then "stuck").

9. Melody Bliss

Melody Bliss New Member

ashokanman, are you using Repetier-Host for Windows or Mac?

10. ashokanman

ashokanman New Member

Windows (at this point).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.