1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

robo3d printer shall i buy it?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by GEORGE SFI, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GEORGE SFI

GEORGE SFI New Member

Hello to all,

im new to the community. I want to buy the robo3d printer and i want to hear your opinion. I have ordered rigidbot since last year and im still waiting so i decide to go for a second printer. So if you can tell me your opinion it will be very helpful! I have one question: that the hotend of robo3d is all metal or there is ptfe parts?

Best regards
    george

2. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

George
    I can tell you, I am very happy with my Robo 3D. The print quality has surpassed all my expectations and there is tremendous support right here on this forum to help you overcome any challenges that may arise.
    They are now made with a full metal hotend, this one: http://www.reprapdiscount.com/hotends/67-hexagon-hotend-set.html
    One has to appreciate this is a new and rapidly evolving technology and therefore we are all learning and improving and this being an open-source machine facilitates this growth at the user end unlike some more expensive equipment where you are locked into their paradigm.
    Hope you come on board!
    Cheers, Cletus

3. lemuba

lemuba Active Member

Hmm...? - greetings from Germany! I just got a Robo 3D (Nov/December 2013 version) as "shipping accident" from a good friend at a low rate as my first 3D printer:)
    I read a lot before about the mendel90 kit from hophead - as I have heard - a UK guy, educted as instrument mechanic - the kit itself consists of over 800 single parts to assemble! But you learn from it and know then every single screw "and adjustment" of your 3D printer - and it´s for sure mechanical much more stable and accurate as the Robo 3D:) AND THIS at a similar price.

To make my ROBO 3D work I had to renew the broken arduino board and to order the new print bed (upgrade kit). The old one crashed during shipping from my friend to me - which is of course not Robo related...!
    Now it´s printing reasonable ABS (with its Version1 limitations - max. 235 degree, etc), but not the spool PLA filament I have ordered from Amazon Germany - have here extruder problems due to melting PLA inside the extruder...

Anyway - what do you expect to hear in a ROBO 3D forum? For sure you will not hear "No, buy something else" ;-)

Best regards,

Matthias

4. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

My stock Robo3D printer works.

Why not buy one of those $20,000 to $100,000 3D printer.? I hear their quality is really good.

And if you think the Mendel90 is better with it's 800 parts,
    You will have many headaches putting that together. Good luck.

I'll keep my Robo3D printer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.