1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robota is czech word for Slave Worker / This printer was made for us.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Andreas Nicholas, Sep 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andreas Nicholas

Andreas Nicholas New Member

I want to point out the things that I missed when I started this stereo lithographic crusade, namely:

0 - wire harness: it's not just you, and chances are it's not even your drunken stepper motors losing their teeth. if your Robo 3d is making a charming albeit violent grinding noise like bones shattering as you're trying to shred a corpse in a 30 year old electric pencil sharpener -- it might be time to gut and clean that fish and replace all the wires, but don't cut the green wire, whatever you do be careful about the green wire (okay there's no green wire.)

1 - cooling: strap some fans to that sucker, to the arduino and the extruder, it gets hotter than you think, and you don't want the filament to melt before it's supposed to melt or it can gunk up.

2 - extruder: hopefully your hextruder will work fine, otherwise just know you might replace your tip, kids talk a lot about the e3d but I'll give you one better: the pico from b3innovations

3 - seasoning: oiling the extruder - look up seasoning extruder to understand more, but you already sort of understand, you'll be lubricating the tube so filament slides easy.

4 - bowdenPTFE nonstick filament runner ttubes: teflon its gonna be big
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/makerbot/Wn-MKC1Ybm0[1-25-false]

5 - sd card printing only: using a computer to print means the terrorists win and your print loses

6 - firmware - check your marlin, make sure you have the right one for your machine, its around here somewhere, my bitcoin is on Mike Kelly
    maybe take a minute to learn about arduino if you haven't already done so, you can watch a youtube tutorial of someone reworking the entire marlin firmware to customized specifications. As most printer solutions are somewhat common, you can usually find the settings preworked and enable or disable them by removing the // in front of //ifdefined

7 - assuming you get to the number of completion, check out this pla guide
    http://www.matterhackers.com/articles/how-to-succeed-when-printing-in-pla
    [​IMG]

#1 Andreas Nicholas, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
    4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.