1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

rRoBo3D and Macintosh

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by John Durr, Oct 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Durr

John Durr Member

I have Mac mini can someone confirm or deny the use of a Powered USB Hub to allowed them to connect and comunicate. If yes (or no) what Mac do you use.

Thanks

John

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

I do not run the printer from a MAC mini but from an old macbook (quite old) and it does not have a powered USB hub if that helps at all
    On the Macs you should not need any special drivers and if you are having issues and you are using MatterControl that could be your problem I would try other software Repetier/Slic3r is the original combination the robos came with and I still use it. MC has had way too many issues with too many different thigns for me to really even think about using.

3. John Durr

John Durr Member

I would try those programs. Is there a way for you to share your printer settings with me

Maybe export to a file
    Thanks
    John

4. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

I am one of only a few people that are now using dual extruders and bowden which means my settings will probably differ from what you will be using but if I get some time maybe you could skype me and we could go over some of the ones that confuse you a bit. The key with repetier is to get one profile that works well for you and then try variations on that profile to create others as needed. It does not have hi medium and low settings so all ther params need to be set and it is not the easiest thing to get out of repetier. get a hold of me on skype and we can try and go through them

5. John Durr

John Durr Member

Thanks I work 3-11pm so I will try first and ask when something comes up
    Thanks

6. bamhm182

bamhm182 Active Member

As tesseract said, the problems with Macs and the Robo 3D lay with MatterControl. I tried getting it to work with MatterControl and OS X for a while with no luck and eventually rebooted into Windows 7. Windows 7/MatterControl have been working well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.