1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Scratched borosilicate bed with extruder, now will not feed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TheMaker42, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMaker42

TheMaker42 New Member

I removed the guitar string last night before going to bed and turned off the heater, but unfortunately I'm at work again and I can't test anything out. I do have a tiny bit left of the blue PLA it ships with so I might try that out first, but all the other filament I bought was ABS. And now... to Amazon! ;)

2. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

3. TheMaker42

TheMaker42 New Member

I live in the US, but I'm looking at some white PLA (going to mod the heck out of my printer, might as well go with the same color ;) ), but I'm probably gonna get it from Amazon anyway since I have a bunch of gift-cards I found and applied to my balance so I'm not technically spending my own money. I'm actually on lunch at work right now, and I'm ordering the stuff as we type. Hopefully, the PLA will be a LOT easier to work with either way, so I can at least get this thing up and running again. I've seen a few pages where the PLA being extruded at ABS temperatures leads to the nozzle getting gummed up, too, which is exactly what happened on my first print. Like I said... user error on top of user error on top of user error, etc... lol

4. Melody Bliss

Melody Bliss New Member

If you're ordering from Amazon, filament I like from them has been Zen Toolworks PLA, specifically natural and black. I had all kinds of oozing with the yellow.

The only problems I had with Zen Toolworks is later it seems to have gotten stuck due to an increase I diameter over 1.90, but I'm not 100% sure it's the filaments fault. I recently oiled the filament bearing and that has. Seemed to have fixed the problems I've been having BUT haven't tried it yet with the filament that classically has had the problem feeding.

All around uberGeek
    thingiverse Profile: http://www.thingiverse.com/melodybliss/overview
    Robo 3D User's FAQ: http://lele.io/robo3dfaq
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

2 people like this.
  6. TheMaker42

TheMaker42 New Member

Printed Solid: I don't know who you are, I don't know if you drink, but I will find you and I will buy you as many free shots as you can handle. In other news... IT'S PRINTING! :D

2 people like this.
  7. TheMaker42

TheMaker42 New Member

OK, printed a couple times and came out perfectly, but after that they start having problems again. I printed out a control knob for a mount for my new Full Graphics Smart Controller LCD panel, and it printed almost all of it but then skipped or something, almost knocked the print over, and kept printing about a centimeter and change to the left. I'm now pretty sure that the popping sound I heard initially may have been the extruder tip being pushed back in. I'm at work again right now so I'll check to see if there's any play in it when I get home. If there is, is there any way to fix this without replacing the entire extruder itself? I am definitely going to go with the E3D once I find a tutorial that will go over every little possible way I can screw it up to make sure I don't, but that sounds like a job for Future Kyle to worry about! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.